Saturday, January 28, 2012

On To Stitching



Not a lot to say today, other than I have begun actually stitching on the new project! It always takes so long to do the prep work, especially when you have to create your own design rather than transfer someone else's design. I've been at it now for months, and was really anxious to get started, especially since the next judging deadline is April 1st. I am skeptical that I'll be finished by then, but I'm going to try.

Here are the first two "work in progress" shots. This is the Tudor Rose, with the outer edge stitched in satin stitch, using the darker rose color:



And just for fun, here is the back! We are actually judged on the neatness of the back, making sure there are no long cross-overs where thread goes from one motif to another (and could be seen through the fabric) and no straggling pieces of thread. No knots allowed, either. So far so good!


The inner petal will be the same stitch but a slightly lighter rose color, and then I think I'm going to put some shading in each petal using seed stitch. I'm not sure what to do for the center yet. It will either be French knots, or possibly a whipped spider web. Any suggestions??

I'm going to sit down now and stitch for the rest of the afternoon -- what luxury! More photos later this weekend! (I'm also working on a better way to take photos, but that's going to take some time, and input from hubby!)

No comments:

Post a Comment